Skip to navigation  |   Skip to content Gray Theme Black Theme
minus Reset plus
Screen Reader
Centralised Accident and Trauma Services
IMAGE1IMAGE2IMAGE3IMAGE4IMAGE5IMAGE6
History

Centralised Accident and Trauma Services )CATS was visualized as a planned scheme under 6th five year plan in 1984. The scheme was contemplated to be implemented by the Central Govt. under the aegis of AIIMS. Since the service required multi-sectoral co-ordination of agencies viz,: DFS,Hospitals,Police and other CIVIC BODIES,it was decided that the entire scheme be transferred and implemented by Govt.of Delhi.In June 1989, CATS society was consequently formed and registered under Society registration act 1860.
CATS launched an Ambulance Service on pilot basis in west Delhi on March 15, 1991 with fourteen ambulances at three Ambulance Stations in Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, Hari Nager,Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital ,Mangol puri and MCD hospital Moti Nager.Later on three more stations were opend at Sarai kale khan,Rohini and Shahdara.
In 1997 , the ambulances were stationed on 25 accident prone sites called location points round the clock. In 2001, 30 Nissan Ambulance were procured from JAPAN under WHO aided program .In 2010, 31 Force Motors ambulances were received from Deptt. of Health and Family Welfare,GNCTD during common wealth games . These were Advance Life Support and Basic life support ambulances. In 2012, 70 EECO CARE ambulances have been added to the existing fleet of 31 ambulances under NRHM scheme of GOI. 50 more Ecco care Ambulances added in the fleet with effect for 07.06.2013. Now CATS has a fleet of 151 Ambulances.


Chief Minister
Latest News
Importent link
Last Updated : 08-Jan-2016